Business Advantage for HIPAA
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulates the privacy and security of personal health information. HIPAA refers to this information as Protected Health Information (PHI). The legislation mandates healthcare and/or medical organizations to maintain compliance with reasonable and appropriate safeguards in several specific areas.
On a regular schedule, healthcare organizations must:
- Conduct a comprehensive and thorough risk analysis
- Complete a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) for contingency planning and disaster recovery
- Develop and update security policies and procedures
- Train members of the workforce
- Audit and evaluate the information infrastructure
- Assure Business Associate Compliance
BNS Managed Compliance Services Program
The information infrastructure within healthcare organizations is constantly changing, and new systems such as clinical, financial or others are adding to the complexity. Compliance must be maintained as changes are introduced. Further, attacks on the infrastructure are a 24×7 activity and the volume of personal health information flowing within the organization is increasing at an unprecedented pace. This is causing significant resource strain on the existing IT staff and management. Also, in most environments, the specialized skills required in IT are lacking within the healthcare organization.
BNS’ Managed Compliance Services Program is tailored to meet HIPAA’s requirements and provide you with specialized capability in the areas of vulnerability assessments, BIA and contingency planning, training and certification, as well as audit and evaluation. We focus on regulatory requirements and keeping you compliant, so you can focus on the business of delivering exceptional care to your patients.
The benefits of outsourcing HIPAA compliance to us include minimizing productivity losses from unexpected downtime, enabling staff to better focus on business-critical tasks and complying with key regulations within HIPAA. Also, BNS’ Managed Compliance Service Program provides you with further depth in resource capabilities with trusted knowledge of your infrastructure. This can help smooth out volatility in resource demands and costs associated with managing information technology.
Key features of our Managed Compliance Services are:
- Bundled outsourced solution for a fixed monthly fee
- Periodic performance of vulnerability assessments, security risk analysis, BIA and contingency planning
- Training, certification and periodic audit and evaluation to keep your organization current
- Fully compliant at all times with web-based tracking
- Keeping you compliant with the regulatory requirements, to help you focus on the business of delivering exceptional patient care and services
- Monitor and track Business Associate compliance
Benefits of outsourcing HIPAA compliance to BNS include:
- Minimize productivity losses from unexpected downtime
- Enable your staff to better focus on business-critical tasks and comply with key regulations within HIPAA
- Depth in resource capabilities with trusted knowledge of client infrastructure
- Smooth out volatility in resource demands and costs associated with managing information technology